Our Lady & St Johns
A warm welcome to the website of Our Lady & St. John’s parish in Blackwood. This parish is situated in the southernmost part of the Diocese of Motherwell and serves the villages of Blackwood, Kirkmuirhill, Lesmahagow, Coalburn, Auchenheath, Tilletudlum and Netherburn.
We have around one thousand parishioners from these villages. The church was built in 1880 as a private chapel, with the parish being formed in 1896. Since then the surrounding villages have grown considerably and, despite the small size of the building, we continue to serve the needs of all our parish family as well as the many visitors we receive each year.
Father Stephen Rooney
Our Lady & St. John’s, 79 Carlisle Rd, Blackwood, Lanarkshire.